Monday, April 26, 2010

A Toy Story

We Howe women appear to be pretty busy these days. Miss JJ traveled across the country to the Pacific Northwest to visit our youngest brother. Marmie has some exciting stories to tell about her own adventures with knitting but I will leave the telling to her. In my own knitting life there has been a bit of a hiatus.

This past week I sent my Monkey Moo back to Boston to live with his new best friend Nico. (My own Nikolas James Pumpkinhead is coping with the loss.) I find that I miss the little guy so I have decided to make another one. I went to the craft store to pick up a new color for his t-shirt. I am thinking of making this one a girl.

My latest project, however, is not the Monkey. A good friend of mine requested a few things so I am getting started on two more toys! I will be knitting a koala bear and an owl. I got both patterns from the same site as Monkey Moo: http://knittedtoybox.blogspot.com/. I love her toy designs and I love the fact that she is knitting and not crocheting. I might get into crocheting later but this is a knitting blog, after all.

The toys are fun, and who knows, I may just end up a toy maker!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! As someone who sends away many of my knitted creations, I'm pleased that you have a photo and a lovely story to remember. With 3 nephews and a niece on the way, a toymaker is most welcome!

    ReplyDelete