Friday, December 31, 2010

That's a Wrap!

Four hours left of 2010 on the East Coast!  I just returned home after visiting Marmie and then a couple of days with JJ.  It was a knitting bonanza!  I needed some easy projects to whip up after that darn fox so I searched through patterns on Ravelry.com for anything requiring the use of chunky yarn, big needles, and basic techniques. 

My first day of vacation I knit a brown cowl, based on a Lion Brand yarn pattern and then I tried something only slightly more challenging and knit JJ a pair of fingerless mitts.  JJ knit beside me and turned out this cute beehive hat.  Here is a picture of JJ and I in all of our winter creations.  I am wearing a cable knit hat JJ made a few weeks ago, as well as my brown cowl.  JJ is wearing her beehive hat and the new mitts.


This year I am grateful for family, for knitting, and for lots of red wine! I can't wait to start cooking.   Happy New Year!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment