Thursday, May 31, 2012

how ava got my groove back

a very special baby was recently born to one of my moms best friends. and while i haven't met her,  shes already taught me a lesson. sometimes life throws shit your way. but just like this adorable baby, who happens to kind of look like a monkey, you need to man up and power through.
it was this lesson that led me to the realization that I HAVE NOT CREATED ANYTHING in a really long time. like, really long. i know i attempted a quilt for a hot second. but after being told it looked kind of lame, i just ditched it. so there i was. a (wo)man who was an island.
so i decided to no longer be an island. because, as they say, no man is an island. (too many islands?).  so i looked through my many boxes of crafty stuff and came up with the following items. i like to consider these the debut looks for my Spring 2013 fashion line, which i have dubbed 'babies got back.'






so, to little baby Ava, thanks for helping me get my groove back.  now im off to make some dog tutus.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. I'd like to order one for my pit bull :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - you definitely got your groove back!

    ReplyDelete