Saturday, May 8, 2010

Koalas and Kahlua!

As Miss JJ noted we are all anxiously awaiting the next Howe woman. The Howe women are a force to be reckoned with and it is about time that another was added to the bunch. I am pretty sure I will knit something for Mickey Mouse (that is what her little brother Nate is calling her until they get an official name) but for now my focus is on my toys!

As I mentioned before, my friend requested a koala and an owl. Today I finished the koala. It is amazing how much more difficult this toy making is when the toy is really tiny! Here he is deflated, before stuffing and attaching parts.



My koala is only about 4 inches tall and it took me a couple of tries to attach his appendages properly. Here he is, Nikolas's new BFF until it gets shipped away.


All this talk of koalas and JJ's mention of martinis are drawing me to the kitchen...maybe I can whip up a Koala Kahlua Martini!




1 comment: