Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Knitting?

Mouse, ready to pour Tequila
I just posted my Summer Reading list on my other blog, Alice, Ever After. However, reading is not the only list to be conquered this summer. I haven't knit anything since I knit a cute little pink elephant who was appropriately named Mouse and is manning the bar scene in Boston.  That little lady was finished back in February so it is time to get to stitchin.  So, this summer I am creating a Summer Knitting list!  I have a couple of knitting projects that I am going to try to tackle.    Bold?  Ambitious?  Yep!  But I'm sticking with the mantra of the Little Engine Who Could...I think I can, I think I can, I think can...


So what's on the list?  Two toys.  I know it's short but it takes me a hella long time to do these projects.  The first is a Shiny Robot for a good friend of mine who has designed tattoos, sent comic books, and more for me...never asking for anything other than a knitted robot.  He is getting married this fall so I figure I need to mush on this little guy.

The beginnings of a Shiny Robot

After I finish the robot I am going to start a toy dog for my little brother, Zach.  Zach's dog Buddy (yes, he has his own FB page) is a lovely mix of big dogs, with a whole lotta dog soul.  I like to call him Doobie because...well, he is one chill dog.  Zach asked if I could make Buddy a buddy so I said sure!  Zach helped me pick out a pattern by Alan Dart and we will see what I can do!

Zach and Buddy
Buddy has traveled across the country many times!
Do you have a Summer Knitting list? 

2 comments: