Saturday, December 15, 2012

With A Little Love

I, like many of you, struggle to understand what happened today in Connecticut.  How do I explain this to my students?  How do I make them feel safe?  The country has lit up in discussions about why this has happened, laws that should, or should not be in place, who is to blame, etc.  I'm angry, I'm confused, and yet I still believe something can happen.

When I can't find the words to describe what I'm feeling, I turn to the words of others.  Today, this old Hootie and the Blowfish tune does it for me.  Although the video is slightly strange, the words say it.  I hope you have someone to be with tonight.  And if you do, hold their hand just a little bit tighter.  I know I am looking forward to heading home next week.

With a little love, and some tenderness,
We'll walk across the water, we'll rise above this mess
With a little peace, and some harmony,
We'll take the world together,
We'll take em by the hand.


1 comment: