Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ANOTHER note to self: dont forget to blog!

so its been a while. in the amount of time since i last bloggity blog blogged, much has happened. i was snowed in for a week! i bought my first shovel! i stood on the beach in the snow! i broke 100 3 times in a row while bowling! team usa men's hockey beat team canada!! oh snap! so you can see i've been a busy lil girl.

notably absent in that list is my knitting. but alas my dear friends, fear not. for i have accomplished the impossible....i made my first pair of ballerina slippers!! woo hoo! however this was not done overnight, so let me start at the beginning.....

so i finally made it to my knit shop around the corner, Knit and Stitch = Bliss. totally cute! i was a bit lost looking for worsted weight yarn, so i asked for help. who knew there were so many colors to choose from! so i bought this to die for navy blue. i also got a stitch counter, new needles and darning needles. now at this point i was incredibly excited. but i was sick. little did i know, but at the time i was suffering from an infected wisdom tooth that was slowly killing me. but i felt like crap. so i went home, but on horton hears a who and started to make a ball out of my new yarn. 10 mins later i called marm wondering how in the world she does this! i was ready to give up. like a good momma, she laughed at me and informed me that the knitting shop should have a machine thing that could just wrap that sucker up itself. ugh. not one to give up one something, i continued to roll that ball. that shit took me 3 hours! and let me tell you, horton hears a who is NOT 3 hours long! so that right there explains my absence in knitting. i was bored. and angry. and wishing i was a knitting insider that would have had the damn yarn balled at the store. but alas, my pride is too much so i couldn't bring myself to walk in the store. so i watched the count of monte cristo for my next attempt. thank got that movie is 17 hours long! with 2 balls of yarn i was ready to take off....

but instead of being able to knit, i spent my entire snowed in/no work week watching dexter, digging out my car, and sledding. that's right. i bought a sled. i finally started knitting on day 6 of snowtorious b.i.g. i did just as i was told and followed the directions. (note to self- when following directions make sure you read that stuff along the sides of patterns. kinda important!) i was able to finish 3 top pieces that one day!!

at this point i truly was excited. i wasn't just making silly little knick knacks to learn different techniques - was making a difference. and i had a game plan. i was heading to nags head, nc with some friends for presidents day weekend and thought this would be the perfect time to finish my knitting. boy was i wrong.....

stay tuned for the next edition of "my mom can make this in a day," i can already tell you're skimming this over!


No comments:

Post a Comment