Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Note to Self: don't forget why you knit






Sorry for no posts lately. Why?






this

This unfinished sock is staring me in the face every day. My thought was that if left out, I would quietly pick it up and finish it as I had my morning coffee. This has not happened. I've picked it up, stitched a bit - sl1, k1, sl1, k1. But that's where I stop.


I'm not a sock knitter - I detest every stitch of this thing and it makes me dislike the act of knitting - crazy! So back it goes into the unfinished pile until it makes me happy to pick it up again.



To compensate, I've made these. Beeswax candles from our hives. They smell wonderful and made me feel competent and re-centered.





Sometimes I forget that I knit because it makes me happy. Life is too short for bad yarn and unfulfilling projects.
love, marmie

1 comment:

  1. Don't knit something if you don't want to Marmie! Maybe this is where you need to learn from JJ and I. If you don't like it, get rid of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete