Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nice spring day...and a renewed dedication.

Having spent all day yesterday at the spinning guild, I awoke with a renewed sense of productivity and creativity this morning! I love how this incredible group of individuals come together each month and constantly amaze with their talent. I cam home and spun for several hours - loving every minute!
As to knitting; well, in recognition of my Dad's 77th birthday I wanted to create something really special for him. I'd never knitted him a single thing over the years and wanted to remedy that with a piece that was beautiful, masculine, and spoke to the quiet intelligence of this man. I thought a simple, yet lovely, cabled throw in camel brown would be perfect. The problem was that I hadn't done any cabled knitting in about 25 years. No worries - I would just jump in, read carefully, and do it.

And this is it:
It is a soft, warm collection of traveling cables - and he loved it! I call it my "Marriott Throw", because most of it was knit at the various Marriott hotels I stay in for work. It feels like a nice, warm hug - just what I wanted.






The multiple pairs of French Press Felted Slippers that I promised my multiple nieces! Stiill in various stages of finish and with 2 more pair to knit, I've made major progress on this project.


That pretty pink pair? Those are for me! Sweet daughter, JJ, was up for a visit last week and we had a great time felting slippers, including the pink pair she had made. As we were trying on the wet slippers for sizing and shaping, I asked her what size the friend was that was to receive this cute pink ones. She sweetly announced "your size" and said she had made them for me. She had noticed that while I was putting slippers on every female around me, I had failed to make myself a pair. I still need to find the perfect buttons, but I am so touched by her thoughtfulness. Wow...just wow...

My other knitting project is my favorite thing to knit - colorful, textured and creative shawls. Here's a couple of peeks at the current creation:










and

I guess when I look at it all, I'm pretty happy with what I've done so far this year.

Oh yeah, except that sock.

love, marmie

5 comments:

  1. che bella! one picture missing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shawl. the colors are fabulous and you always wear them with such style!
    if you ever need someone to finish that sock..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie - what picture??

    Don't think that sock isn't coming to the next guild meeting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. never mind! it loaded this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful momma!! one day ill move on from making slippers and start making stuff like you can!

    ReplyDelete