Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time to Stray!

I have slowly, but surely, moved on since my first scarf. The everything-has-to-have-an-order teacher in me has been moving through the Stitch 'n Bitch book step by step. I follow the order of suggested swatches like my life depended on it. I have just completed my stockinette stitch swatch (ha! try saying THAT 10 times fast!) and my first pattern. Yup, the very same one that lil' sis gave up on. And how do I feel after completing these swatches...eh. I have accomplished some new skills but I am ready to make something, especially after reading Marmie's last post. JJ has moved on and it is time I do as well.

A good friend of mine is about to have a baby so I feel like this is the perfect time to branch out. I was going to move on to a baby blanket, but upon further reflection I realized this is a scarf, just wider. So I am going to jump right in and try to create a knit stuffed animal! I have the expert on my side this time. Marmie has flown in to SoCal for work this week and we are spending the weekend together. So while we will get to have a little spa time, chick flicks, and martinis, I also plan on having her help me pick out the tools for my Monkey Moo. (http://knittedtoybox.blogspot.com/2008/04/monkey-moo.html)

I know, I know, I am a crazy knitter! But don't be too impressed. While I am waiting for my new adventure to begin, I am completing the next step suggested by Debbie Stoller (Stitch 'N Bitch author)...the ribbed scarf. Look out east coast family, we don't need this many scarves on the west coast! Someone may be receiving an unexpected present. ;-)

-Mags

3 comments:

  1. its 12 below in dc today- i need a scarf! and btw- i didnt give up on my heart swatch, i merely moved on earlier than suggested! love the monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another comment- i have a friend who wants one. whatever momma tells you to do, write down and tell me. i dont see any info in regards to yarn or making the initials on the sweater different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monkey moo tutorial today in sunny California! You're next on the tour, JJ!

    ReplyDelete