Monday, February 20, 2012

how this girl eats vegan

so I'm trying to eat vegan. don't get me wrong, i love a good steak and when placed in front of me i will not say no. but i try to stay away from any meat/dairy during normal meals. my biggest issue with this is that i'm not a creative cook, nor do i like cooking. i've found some really great meals in the Skinny Bitch Cookbook, but sometimes i just want something simple with very few ingredients.
enter The Vegan Stoner. i was introduced to The Vegan Stoner at christmas, when mom got meg and i a copy and continued the howe girls food themed christmas presents. it was love at first sight. all of their recipes are simple and contain less ingredients than any other vegan cookbook i have seen. "so easy a stoner could make it!"
so when i walked out of the gym and into the gorgeous, sunny, non-winter weather, i turned to the Vegan Stoner for my lunch options. (Big props to their site design, which pulls up fast/easily on my droid!)
as i swiped through their recipes, one ingredient stood out to me: vegan sour cream. i had recently bought said ingredient thinking it could top my fajitas, only to realize it wasn't close enough to the real thing to make it worth the calories.  but strawberry soup!! perfect match! so without further ado, here is my strawberry soup....

my only non-vegan ingredient is honey, which i used instead of agave. i'm ok with this as this honey is brought to you by my daddio, and i love my honey bear jar.  


i hope you are enjoying your gorgeous presidents day!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the Vegan Stoner worked out! The soup looks divine!! Hmmm...starting to wonder why you never cook like this when you are home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when its warm and sunny ill cook- its too cold up there to stand in the kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete