Thursday, February 16, 2012

knitting for friends...

So i have some of the greatest friends ever. not just because they're legit good friends, but because they don't make fun of me for knitting. or for bringing my knitting with me everywhere i go. all the time. when you invite jess, you invite the knitting. which is why it was no surprise when they wanted a piece of the knitting goodness. at the time, i was carting fingerless owl mitts everywhere, so a couple of them asked for a pair. but then i was thrown a monkey wrench. one of the girls asked for a pair of fingerless mitts WITH A CONVERTIBLE FLIP TOP. whoa. challenge accepted.

Matchy, matchy green.
Matchy green!
so first things first, i made the owl mitts that i could probably make in my sleep. picking the colors was kind of a pain, because i couldn't really find any yarn that was bright enough for my liking. but a greens a greens a green (???). anyway. i still have to add the label and weave in all the ends, but they're basically done and i just need to hand them off to my lovely ladies.
so my next task was to make the convertible fingerless mitts. my original idea was to just make another set of owls and add the top. but after really looking at the design, i figured it wouldn't work as well as i wanted and the flap would cover the owl, so that work wasn't necessary. the mitts i choose are kind of loose and scrunchy looking, but plain, so the flap will work perfectly while still being comfy.

the best part about these gloves was that they were super quick to knit up. the only issue was the flap, because i didn't have a pattern for them that matched the glove pattern. but i was able to finagle something to fit, albeit a tad bit too big. my fav part was being able to go through moms button stash and find some really cool brown buttons.
So now i just need to finish the second glove. which should be easier since i already have the patterns. my to-do list keeps getting smaller, and then keeps getting bigger! so right now I'm working on this glove, a scarf that was a Christmas present, a blanket, and a boob hat (Karen's grandbaby cant go boobless!!!). thank goodness the bf got me these cute espresso cups so i can have my daily fix!!
just sip and pretend you're in Rome!








2 comments: