Saturday, October 20, 2012

You Say Autumn, I Say, Pretty Please!

Yup, another post.  And yes, so soon after the last!  What has gotten into us?

Usually, in LA, our "signs" of fall are
celebrities dressing more cozy, as in this photo
from www.collegefashion.net/
Well, for me, it is the fact that the weather in LA is finally starting to turn to a more "fall" like season.  We have been battling triple-digit heat for too long over here and I am ready for things to cool down.  Seriously, you know it has been hot when you check the forecast, it says 80 degrees, and you say, "YES!  I'm wearing a sweater today!"

Today, however, is overcast, slightly drizzly,  and a cool 71 degrees (yes, I know what that sounds like to my friends back east and in Seattle) and I am ready to bust out my leg-warmers and some comfy food.  Add to that, my dear Marmie is on a plane, as I type, making her way to the west coast.  She will be here for a full 8 days but I only get her for the weekends.  Can you imagine a better fall day than snuggling up all cozy with your mom, watching chick flicks, drinking hot drinks, and knitting??  I can't!

I'm shooting for more of a
"quaint New England town" feel

So for tomorrow, I have planned us a delicious breakfast.  In fact, I am about to throw on my favorite Salmagundi fall hat and get the final ingredients.  The meal?  Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes.  That's right.  You heard me.  I decided to not just mush up my pumpkin puree with my box of Bisquik and actually find a recipe.  I stumbled upon this blog A Cozy Kitchen and she not only tells you why chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes are amazing, she gives a pretty simply but delicious-sounding recipe.

So, cheers to all of you who have been blessed with the appropriate weather.  I am finally joining you and will post pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment