Monday, January 4, 2010

Always know the price of your yarn!



I started my journey toward becoming a master knitter by stopping by a local craft store to pick up some yarn. Apparently it is just a craft store that looks cute but has no real knitting supplies. After trekking to 3 more stores I finally landed in The Little Knittery, a local store that not only had beautiful yarn and knitting needles, but also Stitch'n Bitch, the book that will hopefully guide me through my first few projects. I was beaming with pride as I placed my three beautiful skeins of alpaca wool, from Cascade yarns in Seattle (woohoo!), on the counter. However, my joy turned to alarm when the cashier told me the total cost for my first "little" project. (Too much to even mention here!) I am sure the other customers near me could see my face flush but I sucked it up as my first lesson in knitting, always know the price of your yarn! My plan is to save my outrageously expensive yarn for a special project and go to Joann's for some reasonably priced yarn. I just did a quick search and found that the closest Joann's is right down the road from the Little Knittery so I am heading there to get my real first project yarn. Either way, here is a picture of my first purchases, ready to be whipped into something beautiful...just not right now! (And my curious cat, Nikolas James Pumpkinhead inspecting the new additions to our family here in LA.)

-Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment