Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

So I finally got my girls to try knitting. Why? It's not so that I don't feel obligated to keep them in scarves, hats and other wonderful wooly creations! I believe it so I can pass along the conduit to that wonderful feeling of accomplishment when you see someone you love wearing something you create. With each of them living on opposite coasts and me somewhere in the middle, it seems like the best way - and I love that they thought of it first!



For so many of us, we leave our daily jobs with no feeling of accomplishment - nothing to show for the hours and sweat put into our 9-5. Knitting allows me to feel the high that only comes from the tactile, the tangible, the "wrap it around you and sigh" accomplishment of creating. This is what I want to pass on to my daughters.



My personal challenge for 2010? To finish all the UFO's ("unfinished objects" in knit-speak), to challenge myself with more difficult patterns, and to design a sweater from spinning to knitting. Can I do it? That's why I'm here, because I will never hear the end of it from my dear girls if I don't make the effort!



Goal one - inventory all UFOs and bullet-point what needs to be done to finish each one. Oh yeah, to also learn how to post pictures!



love, marmie

No comments:

Post a Comment