Monday, January 4, 2010

The Resolution

In 2010, we Howe women will take on a New Year's Resolution to knit, knit, knit. Spread all across the United States, our mother and daughter trio will embark on a year of pushing our knitting to a new level. One a beginner, one an intermediate, and one a talented knitter/spinner/artist, we will stay in touch and improve our talent of knitting!

The goal - to summon delightful creations from our fingers and to encourage, drag, and pull each other new levels so that on December 31, 2010, we can toast to our success!

So here is a quick rundown on who we are and why you should care. We’ll stop at the top with our Marmie and top knitter. For years our mom has magically- and literally- spun up beautiful woolen surprises. From the strawberry hats I remember her making for everyone we knew,

to the felted slippers she whipped up just this past Christmas,

Marm has been delighting us with her knitting and spinning since we can remember.


Next we have Maggie, the newbie to knitting. If anything, this girl’s got moves...

...but maybe not knitting skills, I guess that’s what we will find out. Instead of crafting beautiful things out of wool, Mags has been crafting the minds of children. Shes's a teacher so she also makes beautiful things out of cotton balls and finger paints and I would like to be the first one to wish her good luck in this endeavor. And also offer props on her cottonball snowman last year.

Finally, we have me. What more can I say besides Cheers to JJ!

I have knitted before. I made a super long pink rectangle that I call a scarf. Does that make me an intermediate knitter? I’m not so sure, but I guess it makes me a non-beginner. I can also whip up a mean quilt and paint someone else’s nails like you wouldn’t believe. I know, I too am surprised that you don’t know me yet.

So why should you care? I’m still thinking about that. But I assume it’s the same reason I care about other peoples’ blogs: because you are sitting at work with nothing else to do.

So let the new year begin!

2 comments:

  1. good question! i need to get some new yarn and then ill start.

    ReplyDelete