Monday, January 11, 2010

i am 32 stiches and then some

yeah! i finally got my knitting out! i found my super cute pink knitting bag w my awesome stich n bitch inside as well as my super cute and trendy bamboo knitting needles. and surprise! there was something on my needles!

normally this would be great. i would be
thatmuch closer to getting a project done. but there was a problem...i dont remember what i was knitting. i remember working on the "knit your heart out" swatch on page 55 and swore that had to be it. swoooore. seemed the right size and it looked like something was going on that might be a knit 1 purl 1 heart? wrong! apparently the last time i knit something, i was super awesome and had moved onto a ribbed scarf. a beautiful ribbed scarf. a ribbed scarf that was probably about 32 stiches- not the 23 i did according to the "knit your heart out" chart.

so this brings me to my life lesson of the day.
recycle. while my sista in LA found a super cute yarn shop to help her w her projects, i apparently have decided not to do that. is it not more economical and earth friendly just to erase every finished project so you can start something new? thats the only way to explain how i did not save my heart swatch which lead to me ruining my perfect cable knit scarf start which lead to ripping out the whole thing, putting it back in its bag, throwing said bag under a blanket and getting a glass of scotch.

which leads right into life lesson #2- always have a drink handy!

3 comments:

  1. Pull that yarn out and cast on! If there's one thing you should have learned from your marm, it's that you can drink AND knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although, the author of Stitch n Bitch discourages it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dont worry. i figured out what i did wrong and will be writing about that shortly!

    ReplyDelete